Byrne Leads on Pro-Life Policies
Congressman Bradley Byrne (R-AL) today announced his continued support for pro-life policies and legislation in the 116th Congress. This latest action reaffirms Congressman Byrne’s long-standing commitment to pro-life efforts.
Byrne said: “The sanctity of human life is immeasurable. Since I have been in Congress, I have consistently stood up for the unborn, and I continue to stand up for life. I am proud hundreds of Alabamians, most of them young people, are in our nation’s capital today to stand up for life as part of the March for Life. Those who support pro-life causes support American values, allowing all the opportunity for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
“Since the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973, nearly 61 million abortions have been carried out in the United States. That is absolutely unacceptable. I remain dedicated to doing everything I can to ensure we defund Planned Parenthood, permanently end taxpayer funding of abortion, overturn Roe, and ensure all lives are protected.”
Among the pro-life actions Congressman Byrne has taken in the new year, he has:
- Re-joined the Congressional Pro-Life Caucus;
- Sponsored H.R. 369 –the Defund Planned Parenthood Act of 2019, which would place a one-year moratorium on federal funding to Planned Parenthood and increase funding to community healthcare centers that do not perform abortions but provide more comprehensive care;
- Sponsored H.R. 490 –Heart Beat Protection Act, which bans abortion after a detectible heartbeat;
- Sponsored H.R. 616 – the Life at Conception Act, which defines that human life begins at conception;
- Sponsored the Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act (PRENDA), which prohibits sex-selective abortions while protecting women upon whom sex-selective abortions have been performed;
Signed a letter to President Trump asking him to veto any funding bill that weakens pro-life protections and any bill that weakens federal policy on abortion.